A colleague will be teaching algebra one for the first time this school year and she emailed me to ask me how I did the pacing. So much of it is in my head and not written down which made me think it would be a good idea to outline it in a blog post. Of course I have to include links to my mathematical circuits at my TpT store! Circuits are not the only resource I use in my classroom, but I have written over 100 of them so people ask me about them all the time. What follows is a rough outline / pacing guide with hot links to the resources I have created and use in my classroom under each topic. Click on the link and it will take you directly to the page where you can download the circuit. Once you download the circuit, it is tied to your TpT account (not your computer or your phone) so you will always have it.
Before We Dig In
4. The Fickle Farmer FREE!
5. Fractions FREE!
2. Using Tables (this would be good to use at the end too)
Equations and Inequalities
(middle school level) Solving Linear Equations
1. Solving Linear Equations FREE!
3. Solving Linear Inequalities FREE!
Lines / The Linear Function
2. Transforming to y=mx+b FREE!
6. Linear Regression (coming soon!)
Linear Systems of Equations and Inequalities*
2. Super Systems (Matching Activity) FREE!
3. Beginning Polynomials FREE!
3. Algebraic (with absolute value) (more for algebra two level)
New: Quadratic Formula
The Quadratic Function
The Exponential Function
Review Circuits (great for Test Prep)
Coming Soon: Multiple Representations!
7. Standardized Test Prep FREE!
8. pre-algebra Standardized Test Prep FREE!
* NOTE: These are not the only resources I use. I do loosely follow a text book and love supplementing with Marcy Mathworks puzzle pages. If you click on that link you can find many free sample puzzles.