A colleague will be teaching algebra one for the first time this school year and she emailed me to ask me how I did the pacing. So much of it is in my head and not written down which made me think it would be a good idea to outline it in a blog post. Of course I have to include links to my mathematical circuits at my TpT store! Circuits are not the only resource I use in my classroom, but I have written over 100 of them so people ask me about them all the time. What follows is a rough outline / pacing guide with hot links to the resources I have created and use in my classroom under each topic. Click on the link and it will take you directly to the page where you can download the circuit. Once you download the circuit, it is tied to your TpT account (not your computer or your phone) so you will always have it.
Before We Dig In
New: Order of Operations (Easy)
1. Operations with Signed Numbers
2. Order of Operations / Evaluating Expressions
3. Solving Equations (middle school)
4. The Fickle Farmer FREE!
5. Fractions FREE!
6. Ultimate Pre-Algebra Review!
1. Building Functions / Using Notation
2. Using Tables (this would be good to use at the end too)
3. FUN with FUNctions! (matching)
Equations and Inequalities
(middle school level) Solving Linear Equations
1. Solving Linear Equations FREE!
NEW: Solving Literal Equations (Transforming Formulas)
3. Solving Linear Inequalities FREE!
4. Compound Inequalities and Absolute Value
5. Matching Activity: Inequality Word Problems FREE!
Lines / The Linear Function
2. Transforming to y=mx+b FREE!
5. Linear Equations, Tables & Graphs (matching) FREE!
6. Linear Regression (coming soon!)
Linear Systems of Equations and Inequalities*
2. Super Systems (Matching Activity) FREE!
3. Working with Linear Inequalities
First Semester Exam Practice / Problem Set FREE!
3. Beginning Polynomials FREE!
4. Algebraic Area and Perimeter
5. Operations with Polynomials
NEW: Quadratic Trinomials a = 1, c > 0
NEW: Quadratic Trinomials a = 1, c < 0
3. Quadratic Trinomials (a not equal to 1)
7. Matching Activity: Factoring!
3. Algebraic (with absolute value) (more for algebra two level)
NEW: Distance and Midpoint Formulas
2. Finding Structure in an Equation
5. Complete the Square Complete the Square and Factor
New: Quadratic Formula
6. Solving Quadratics (Mixed Methods)
7. Solving Quadratics (matching)
8. Solving Literal Equations with Squares
( Solving Quadratics Bundle! )
The Quadratic Function
2. Linear, Quadratic, and Exponential Regression
4. Quadratic Functions (matching)
The Exponential Function
1. Arithmetic vs Geometric Sequences
2. Intro to the Exponential Function
Review Circuits (great for Test Prep)
(Algebra Mixed Reviews Bundle!)
Coming Soon: Multiple Representations!
7. Standardized Test Prep FREE!
8. pre-algebra Standardized Test Prep FREE!
1. Operations with New Functions
* NOTE: These are not the only resources I use. I do loosely follow a text book and love supplementing with Marcy Mathworks puzzle pages. If you click on that link you can find many free sample puzzles.
One thought on “Algebra I Circuits”
Pingback: Circuit Testimonials | Math, Teaching, and Teaching Math